NMSC - Staff Accountant
Are you an awesome Accountant with a few years of accounting and financial support experience under your belt? Are you tired of working 50+ hours/week? Are you looking for a company where you can do what you love, make a difference in your community, and support nonprofit organizations all while enjoying a great work-life balance with a 4-day work week? If so, do we have the position for you!
Nonprofit Management Services of Colorado (NMSC), an affiliate of Developmental Pathways and Continuum of Colorado, is seeking a Staff Accountant to provide accounting support for the preparation and presentation of timely financial statements. Our Staff Accountant will be responsible for detailed account transactions in the general ledger, account reconciliations and assisting with regulatory reporting. You’ll get to provide general ledger support, accounts payable support, and complete special projects. Our role also has a heavy focus on Construction Accounting, Project Accounting, and Fixed Asset Accounting so we prefer experience in these areas as well!
You’ll be supervised by our Controller and work out of our Inverness office location in the Denver Tech Center, Englewood, CO. We’re committed to a great work-life balance here so our offices are closed on Fridays; you’ll get to work Mondays - Thursdays (typically 9 hours/day for a 36-hour workweek).
More about what you’ll get to do as our Staff Accountant!
- Monthly general ledger entry preparation, reconciliations, and closing including timely research and correction of exceptions
- Assist in monthly preparation, analyzing and verifying financial documents in order to provide information to executive team
- Prepare, maintain and review account roll forwards analyses and other supporting documentation for annual audits
- Ensure bank transactions are recorded for all cash activity, including posting deposits from Cash Receipts batches and recording bank activity not fed from other subsidiary modules
- Monitor bank activity on a daily basis and communicate anomalies to management
- Complete bank account reconciliations on all cash accounts
- Complete weekly cash projection reports
- Assist with regulatory filings
- Prepare financial documents, schedules and reports according to department and auditors’ requirements
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$24.66 - $30.19/hour
Here are some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's so great to work here!
- A great work-life balance with a 4-day workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program, eligible after 1 year of full-time employment
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training
Must have’s to be our Staff Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Three (3) years experience in financial support roles
- Experience in Construction Accounting, Project Accounting, and Fixed Asset Accounting, strongly preferred
- Strong technical U.S. GAAP knowledge
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel; ability to perform intermediate to advanced computer functions within MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and other required accounting programs/platforms, etc. (U.S. GAAP, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate with managers, coworkers, internal and external customers, banks, and others
- Able to work flexible hours which may include occasional evenings and weekends, especially during year end and other auditing periods