NMSC - Janitor
Nonprofit Management Services of Colorado (NMSC), an affiliate of Developmental Pathways and Continuum of Colorado, is seeking a Janitor to support our new office building in Aurora, CO. You'll get to perform various general office cleaning tasks as part of a team, reporting to our Facilities Supervisor. This is a full-time, 40-hr/week position, typically working Mon - Fri from 9:00a - 5:30p (with a 30-minute lunch break).
More about what you’ll get to do!
- Clean assigned areas as scheduled
- Empty trash receptacles
- Dust desktops, tables and other surfaces
- Sweep, mop, and vacuums floor, including stairwells
- Clean glass windows, doors and mirrors
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms, drinking fountains, desktops, kitchen sinks, railings and door handles
- Restock paper products, air freshener and soap in restrooms; restock paper products in kitchens
- Launder cleaning towels and mop heads
- Responsible for snow removal at entryway for both companies
- Take care of room setups in the conference rooms
- Recommend improvement of work methods, safety, materials and tools
What type of equipment will I get to use?
- Cell phone, broom, mop, vacuum cleaner, various liquid cleaners
- Devices to assist in lifting/transporting heavy items
- Occasional use of carpet extractor and floor buffer
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$11.50 - 13.50/hr
More about our benefits and why it's so great to work here:
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training
Must have’s for our Janitor position!
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, preferred
- Two-five (2-5) years experience in janitorial or related industry, preferred
- Ability to self-motivate and seek out tasks that need to be completed
- Ability to meet physical requirements of this position: frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, climbing and lifting up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Valid Colorado driver license/auto insurance
- Meet and maintain company driving requirements: no suspension/revocations in the past 3 years and no more than 2 tickets in the past 3 years