NMSC - Construction/Maintenance Technician
NMSC Construction Services, an affiliate of Developmental Pathways, is seeking a Construction/Maintenance Technician. You’ll get to do a variety of construction operations including renovations, residential/commercial new construction and assisting with short-term and long-term planning for the department. You’ll also perform multiple types of maintenance work: basic plumbing, painting, carpentry, minor electrical, plasterwork, tiling, landscaping, appliance repairs, working with HVAC systems and drainage. In addition, you’ll get to assist in the completion of remodels and renovations. This is definitely a working, hands-on construction/maintenance position.
You’ll get to work 40 hours/week, typically working Tue - Fri from 8a - 4:30p for a 4-DAY workweek! We do ask for schedule flexibility from time to time based on projects. Our Construction Services team works at various locations throughout the Denver Metro area (Arapahoe County, Douglas County, and parts of the city of Aurora) that are owned and operated by Developmental Pathways and Continuum of Colorado.
More about what you’ll get to do!
- A variety of maintenance/construction-related responsibilities at both office locations (Aurora/Englewood), residential facilities and other locations including but not limited to: repair and maintenance of buildings and grounds, utilities, and parking lots
- Basic construction work; ensuring all projects are completed per the terms of the agreement, on time, on budget, and with the quality required by industry best practices
- Troubleshoot major breakdowns, diagnose problems and take corrective action
- Complete partial or full renovations, as assigned
- Pull work assignments from work order requests and ensures the work is completed as requested and by expected due date
- May be required to assist with routine maintenance to include snow and ice removal, landscaping, winterizing and spring preparations
- Perform fence/gate and building repairs
- Maintain accountability of all operating materials, tools, equipment and inventory control system
- Ensure compliance with all building related policies and regulations
- Plan your workday to assure all required tasks are complete
What type of Equipment will I get to Use?
Includes but is not limited to: small and large hand tools, power and air actuated tools, small and large power tools including medium sized machinery such as snow blowers, power post-hole diggers, lawnmowers, weed eaters, leaf blowers, ladders of varying sizes, lumber, sheet goods, pipe, wire, paint, glass, plastic, laminates, flooring, adhesives, lubricants, cleaning solutions, light bulbs and fixtures, plumbing, trim, hardware, required safety equipment, cell phone, two-way radio, computer, copier, fax machine and other general office equipment.
What’s My Working Environment Like?
Your work environment will vary to include main offices, residential facilities, and our other locations as well as daily interaction with individuals with disabilities, supporting their specific and unique living requirements. You’ll get to travel between facilities, main office and other businesses and you’ll need to be able to accomplish your work in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$19.07 - $22.50/hr
More about our benefits and why it's so great to work here:
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Mileage reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Healthcare reimbursement via an HSA
- Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training
Must Have’s to be Our Construction/Maintenance Technician
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 2-5 years experience in general maintenance and/or construction or related industry
- Demonstrated skills in areas of plumbing, painting, carpentry, electrical, plasterwork, drainage, tiling, appliances, landscaping/use of equipment and HVAC systems
- Ability to prioritize workload and met deadlines
- Ability to perform simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet physical requirements of this position: bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, climbing for hours at a time, and lifting up to 80 lbs. with or without assistance
- Knowledge of basic computer skills i.e. word processing, e-mail, internet, data entry
- Ability to read, write in English and communicate effectively (both orally and in writing)
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Able to operate company vehicles
- Valid Colorado motor vehicle license/proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance
- Meet and maintain our driving requirements - no suspension/less than 3 tickets in the past 3 years
*Please note that we'll pull your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) in all states that you have had a driver’s license in during the past 3 years as part of our hiring process. Upon hire, we monitor all employees’ MVRs on a monthly basis. You’ll need to have a pretty clean driving record to be employed with us!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7379