NMSC - Communications & Content Assistant
NMSC - Nonprofit Management Services of Colorado has a fantastic opportunity for a Communications & Content Assistant to create original social media and blog content for NMSC and our affiliates - Developmental Pathways, Continuum of Colorado, SUN Foundation! You'll get to ensure all pages reflect our individual company's brands; act as the organization "reporter" and attend department events across all of our organizations to write and report out; order, organize, and maintain all communication print and marketing materials; ensure marketing item needs are met for all departments; and assist with graphic design and filming of new content, as needed.
You'll need to be incredible at customer service because you'll also get to serve as the point-of-contact (POC) for our individuals in service and the families as we work to share their stories with the community!
Location/Hours: We're in the Denver, CO Metro area - our office is just south of the Denver Tech Center in Englewood, CO. We’re committed to a great work-life balance here so our offices are closed on Fridays! This full-time position is 36 hours/week, Monday - Thursday, with the option to work remotely on occasion as schedule/commitments allow.
More about what you’ll get to do as our Communications & Content Assistant!
- Assist the Program Manager of Communications with the development of new print resources
- Provide support to the Web & Video Specialist while filming new content, not only as the POC for the interviewee, but also as an assistant with video equipment and filming
- Participate in the organization's Communication Collaboration group
- Oversee Communications dept.'s administrative tracking; maintain, update, and organize all creative assets, including media releases
- Assist with tracking complaints, media inquiries, etc. and assist with developing responses
- Order and maintain marketing materials
- Execute internal communications printing and oversees external print vendors
- Maintain internal communication boards, including SharePoint communications
- Assist with planning and attend all major company events
- Provide break coverage for reception team, as needed
- Assist with philanthropy administrative support; ensure donations and other monies received are tracked and allocated appropriately; follow up with donors, as needed
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$20.00 - 21.00/hr
Here are some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's so great to work here!
- Work-life balance with a 4-day workweek
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Short-term disability insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
- Discounts on auto and homeowners’ insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
Must have’s to be our Communications & Content Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and Development, or a related field, preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional writing and editing experience
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with creative design, preferred
- Working knowledge of the intellectual and developmental disability field (I/DD); the community/resources and populations served, preferred
- Experience working in the healthcare and/or non-profit sector, preferred
- Strong strategic, organizational and problem solving skills, the ability to multi-task and ability to meet regular deadlines
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work as appropriate
- Valid Colorado driver license/auto insurance
- Meet and maintain our driving requirements - no suspensions or revocations in the past three (3) years and less than three (3) tickets in the past three (3) years