NMSC's Inverness Office - Englewood, CO
NMSC - 1217
# of Openings:
Mon-Fri; 40 hrs/week
$20.67 – $23.77/hr
NMSC Construction Services, an affiliate of Developmental Pathways and Continuum of Colorado, is seeking a Construction Technician to add to our team. You’ll get to work on a variety of specific construction projects including renovations; residential, commercial, and new construction; and assist with short-term and long-term planning for the department. You’ll also perform maintenance/construction work including: basic plumbing, painting, carpentry, minor electrical, plaster work, tiling, landscaping, appliance repairs, working with HVAC systems and drainage. You’ll get to assist in completion of remodels and renovations. This is a working, hands-on construction/maintenance position. You may also get to assist with grounds (lawn mowing, snow shoveling, planting, etc.) maintenance functions as well.
You’ll get to work 40 hours/week, typically working Mon – Fri from 8a – 4:30p, although we do ask for schedule flexibility from time to time based on projects. Our Construction Services team works at various locations throughout the Denver Metro, CO area (Arapahoe County, Douglas County, and parts of the city of Aurora) that are owned and operated by Developmental Pathways and Continuum of Colorado.
More about what you’ll get to do!
- Troubleshoot major breakdowns, diagnoses problems and takes corrective action
- Complete partial or full renovations, as assigned
- Perform data entry relative to job completions, estimates, maintenance records, inventory, supplies, etc
- Record and submit completed work requests with all receipts attached
- Maintain vehicle logs
- Assist with preparing estimates as requested
- Perform work through the agency’s work request system and/or as requested
- Document work completed in appropriate manner (computer work requests, tracking forms, etc.)
- Plan workday and manage time effectively to assure all required tasks are completed
- Perform other general labor duties as requested
Must have’s for our Construction Technician position!
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 2 - 5 years’ experience in general maintenance and/or construction or related industry
- Demonstrated skills in areas of plumbing, painting, carpentry, electrical, plaster work, drainage, tiling, appliances, landscaping/use of equipment and HVAC systems
- Working knowledge of basic plumbing, painting, carpentry, electrical, plaster work, drainage, tiling, appliances, landscape equipment and HVAC systems
- Ability to use computer (word processing, email, internet, etc.) at a basic level and perform general math functions required for the position
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to read, write in English and communicate effectively (both orally and in writing)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet physical requirements of this position to include bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, climbing for hours at a time and lifting up to 80 lbs. without assistance
The Other Stuff You Need
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Valid Colorado driver license and motor vehicle insurance
- Meet and maintain company driving requirements
What are our driving requirements?
- Show three (3) current, consecutive years of driving history
- No suspensions or revocations during that period for any reason
- No serious violations in the past three (3) years
- No more than two moving violations in the past three (3) years
Please note that we will pull your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) in all states that you have had a driver’s license in during the past 3 years as part of our hiring process. Upon hire, we monitor all employees’ MVRs on a monthly basis. You’ll need to have a pretty clean driving record to be employed with us!
What type of Equipment will I get to Use?
Includes but is not limited to: small and large hand tools, power and air actuated tools, small and large power tools including medium sized machinery such as snow blowers, power post-hole diggers, lawnmowers, weed eaters, leaf blowers, ladders of varying sizes, lumber, sheet goods, pipe, wire, paint, glass, plastic, laminates, flooring, adhesives, lubricants, cleaning solutions, light bulbs and fixtures, plumbing, trim, hardware, required safety equipment, cell phone, two-way radio, computer, copier, fax machine and other general office equipment.
What’s My Working Environment Like?
Your work environment will vary to include main offices, residential facilities, and other Developmental Pathways’ and Continuum of Colorado locations as well as daily interaction with individuals with disabilities, supporting their specific and unique living requirements. You’ll get to travel between facilities, main office and other businesses and you’ll need to be able to accomplish your work in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$20.67 – $23.77/hr
Here are some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's so great to work here!
- A great work-life balance with a 4-day workweek
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Mileage reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
- Discounts on auto and homeowners’ insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training